Thursday, July 26, 2007

Lima Again

Phew, I've caught up. I'm back in Lima again. Survived the 28 hour bus journey, despite the truly awful films they tortured us with. A Peruvian man decided to adopt me as his conversation buddy and chatted at me when I didn't have my eyes close or my nose in my Jodie Picault book. I thought would be really trashy (and is a little) but I'm actually enjoying it rather a lot. I took a few photos when we crossed over the border by the side of Lake Titicaca. Some of the scenery through the window was stunning. I'll miss Bolivia. Not least the prices.

Lima is a little more expensive. I managed to find a bed in a mixed dorm of a hostel for $9, which is a bargain for Lima. With others having to walk through my dorm to get to theirs, I'll definitely be wearing the ear-plugs tonight.

I was hoping to spend the day catching some sun on the beach and do some reading, but it's been pissing cloudy all day, and even raining. I guess with much of England swamped and flooded, I shouldn't complain. Reading in cafés hasn't been so bad.

I'm not a huge fan of Lima. Looking forwar to getting to Colombia tomorrow. Though reading on BBC online news about it being the country with the most landmines in the world - amongst its other little problems of drug violence, guerrilla fighting, kidnapping and gun crime - is a little concerning. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Two weeks to go!!!

No comments: